1.1 What is the TfGM Travel Planning Toolkit?
The TfGM Travel Planning Toolkit (or Toolkit ‘the toolkit’) is a web-based resource for designing, assessing and implementing Travel Plans across Greater Manchester.
The toolkit has been developed to:
- Provide guidance to anyone producing a workplace Travel Plan as part of the planning application process.
- Assist local authorities with reviewing Travel Plans submitted as part of the planning application process.
- Support anyone working at a new site with the necessary guidance and information about sustainable travel, allowing them to act upon a Travel Plan and encourage sustainable travel from the first day of occupation.
The toolkit facilitates the drafting, review, approval and publication of Travel Plans through an online system, working in parallel with established planning processes.
1.2 Purpose of this document
The purpose of this document is to outline the key functions of the toolkit and provide guidance on frequently asked questions. Many of the more specific help topics are addressed within the online toolkit itself.
- The key concepts of Travel Planning are provided by the toolkit website. Information on how to access this part of the website is included in Section 4.
- Background information on policy, planning and supporting documentation can also be found within the toolkit website. More details on accessing this part of the toolkit are included in Section 5.
- Technical guidance on the travel planning process is also provided as part of the toolkit. Instructions on how to access this guidance are included in Sections 7 & 8.