Implement a Travel Plan
This section provides guidance and support for anyone implementing an existing Travel Plan. People responsible for implementing Travel Plans are commonly known as Travel Plan Coordinators; read about what this role means for you below.
Travel Plan Coordinator
A Travel Plan Coordinator should be appointed who is responsible for keeping the Travel Plan up to date and ensuring actions are carried out.
The Travel Plan Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Taking ownership of the action plan to ensure it is implemented
- Carrying out travel surveys to keep up to date with current commuting patterns
- Updating the Travel Plan where necessary to reflect on site conditions and new initiatives
- Publicising key measures of the action plan and co-ordinating wider events such as cycle to work days.
- Being the point of contact within the organisation for anyone requiring transport advice or information.
- Liaising with senior management to secure support and funding for the plan.
- Supplying Travel Plan-related information to the local authority, such as monitoring reports and action plans, when required.